CEM is the largest provider of laboratory microwaves worldwide, with over 35 years of experience designing and building laboratory microwave systems. We are headquartered in the United States with subsidiaries located in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Ireland, and Japan; our presence reaches around the globe with distributors in over 50 countries. We proudly design and manufacture our systems in one location, yielding superior quality, performance, and reliability.
With instruments placed in over 1000 universities and academic institutions, CEM has the experience and knowledge to help you turn students in to scientists. Explore CEM's areas of expertise below to determine which instruments best meet your teaching and/or research needs.
The Discover SP is a single mode microwave reactor that is ideal for teaching laboratories at academic institutions or research laboratories performing initial investigative syntheses and chemistry optimization. The Discover SP:
- Is suited for smaller class sizes of individual students or larger class sizes of student pairs
- Accommodates accessories enabling the use of gaseous reagents, sub-ambient reaction temperatures, flow chemistry, and camera for reaction viewing
- Can be outfitted with automation for "hands free" operation during laboratory sessions
The MARS 6 Synthesis reactor is a multimode microwave system well suited for the teaching laboratory. It can also be used in research settings when large scale experiments or chemistry requiring non-glass vessels are perfomred. The MARS 6 Synthesis:
- Performs reactions in parallel, accommodating up to 36 vessels run at one time
- Is ideal for general, organic, inorganic, or analytical chemistry (digestion/extraction)
- Features on-board videos to train students on proper vessel and instrument use
CEM scientific microwaves provide users with the safety and reproducibility demanded by teaching and research laboratories. Every microwave is built with a reinforced cavity which is both chemical resistant and explosion tested. These easy to use systems feature intuitive software, providing instruments that can be utilized in both teaching and research laboratories. Efficient data management makes it easy to export information for laboratory reports or journal publication. Accurate temperature, power, and pressure measurement and feedback provide complete user control over reaction conditions. Additionally, stirring and specially tuned cavities contribute to homogeneous temperatures throughout reaction vessels.