SAM-255 - Microwave Drying
Rapid Bulk and Parallel Sample Drying
OverviewThe SAM-255 is a unique instrument for rapidly drying samples up to 1kg in size. It can be used for moisture/solids determination or as a preparatory step for further analysis. Drying times are reduced from hours to minutes with the precision of a conventional oven method. Almost any material can be dried using microwave energy as the volatile component can be water or a wide range of polar organic compounds. The system also features a unique design avoiding problems with reflected power that prevents complete drying of samples in conventional microwave ovens.
- Ultra fast drying of paint/coating drawdowns
- Fast drying of large sample sizes up to 1kg
- Simultaneous drying of multiple samples
The SAM-255 now with IntelliTemp Infrared temperature control provides rapid drying of all types of samples. The SAM-255 Workstation can analyze large-sized samples for moisture or solids.
- Intellitemp provides consistent drying every day, every batch
- Works great with paint bases and colors
- Ideal for powdered milk
- Reduce drying times from hours to minutes
- Drying comparable to standard air oven method
- Consistent reproducible results
- Stores up to 20 separate methods
- Each method can have up to 8 heating, cooling or heat ramping stages
Time and power selections are independently programmed for each stage. The powerful, variable-speed exhaust system moves air through the cavity quickly to aid in drying and can be connected to an existing laboratory exhaust when drying organic compounds.
Intellitemp™ Makes the Difference
This remarkable system has the patented Intellitemp temperature feedback system which controls microwave energy to maintain a user-defined temperature set-point for verifiable temperature control and repeatable conditions for every test. Incoming line voltage fluctuations are compensated for, providing consistent results unit-to-unit and site-to-site.