SAM 255 - Microwave Drying
OverviewThe SAM 255 is a unique instrument for rapidly drying samples up to 1kg in size. It can be used for moisture analysis or as a preparatory step for further analysis. Drying times are reduced from hours to minutes with the precision of a conventional oven method. Almost any material can be dried using microwave energy as the volatile component can be water or a wide range of polar organic compounds. The system also features a unique design avoiding problems with reflected power that prevents complete drying of samples in conventional microwave ovens.
- Ultra fast drying of paint/coating drawdowns
- Fast drying of large sample sizes up to 1kg
- Simultaneous drying of multiple samples
Dry Paint Drawdown Cards in only 4.5 minutes!
- Provides rapid color analysis of paints (ASTM D1729)
- Conventional drying requires 8 hours
- Extremely accurate and repeatible