Scaling Up Microwave-assisted Solid Phase Peptide Synthesis (SPPS) — From Micromole to Hundreds of Millimoles
OverviewAvailable On Demand
Airdate: Monday, June 24, 2022
Duration: 1 Hour
SummaryThe number of new peptide-based therapeutics is rising, and more peptide generics are entering the market. There is an opportunity to improve output and harness the benefits of microwave-assisted solid phase peptide synthesis (SPPS) in manufacturing. Scaling the synthetic process from the research scale to production scale can be a challenge, particularly in heavily regulated environments.
Automated microwave-assisted SPPS instrumentation can generate production scale peptide active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). This is done by the highly reproducible synthesis of multiple batches at hundreds of millimoles with the same benefits as small scale, all while retaining current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) compliance. Modern instrumentation is equipped with features like audit trail tracing, user permission setup and documentation to ease adoption into a regulated facility.
Join this webinar to learn about scaling up the synthesis of research scale peptide-based therapeutics to production in a cGMP environment.
What You’ll Learn
- Modern advances in research scale peptide synthesis
- Scaling up peptide synthesis
- Adapting peptide synthesis instrumentation for use in cGMP environments
- Workflow optimization for consistency and performance at the production scale
Who Should Attend
- Pharmaceutical Scientists/Researchers
- Academic Researchers interested in peptides and proteins
- Executives in Biomolecular or Pharmaceutical industry
- Contract organizations for synthesis and purification
- Peptide synthesis scientists
Research Scientist, Business Development
Research Scientist, Product Group