The Sprint is an advancement for protein analysis based on a rapid green chemistry process allowing for direct protein detection in less than 5 minutes. It replaces the conventional Kjeldahl method for analysis of dairy and meat products. This patent-pending system, which uses iTAG® protein-tagging technology, identifies and measures only protein, not nitrogen, so you can be certain your results are accurate.
- Direct method for protein conversion
- Remarkably easy to use
- No hazardous chemicals
- Convenient, disposable sample cups and filters
- Safer and less expensive than Kjeldahl
- More repeatable than Kjeldahl and combustion techniques
- Fast analysis of all types of food
- Automates AOAC official methods 967.12, 930.33, 930.29, and 2011.04
- Downloadable iMethods®
- Uses green technology
Precise and Reliable
True protein at the touch of a button.
- Incentive to adulterate ingredients is removed
- Security of food supply is improved
- A wide variety of samples can be tested easily
- Raw material pricing is more accurate
- Improved Process control with rapid 4-minute testing
- Least cost formulations are more easily achieved
Melamine is not an obstacle for Sprint, as the system simply ignores all sources of non-protein nitrogen (NPN). As seen in the chart below, Sprint displays the true protein results for samples containing melamine. With Sprint, you can be confident that you are measuring protein and nothing else.
|Fluid Milk with 0.1% added Melamine||3.7||3.3|
|Fluid Milk with 0.5% added Melamine||5.1||3.3|
|Fluid Milk with 1.0% added Melamine||8.6||3.4|
Simple operation with self cleaning.1. Choose your method.
2. Weigh your sample into the disposable cup.
3. Place it in the Sprint with a filter and press Start.
4. Dispose of sample when test is complete.
Sprint self-cleans its internal components. At the conclusion of every analysis, all non-toxic sample waste as well as the disposable filter and cup are removed and discarded.
Methods & Applications
Preprogrammed methods for easy set-up.Sprint comes pre-programmed with a broad selection of methods ready for use in your laboratory. With its truly innovative software, loading a method and analyzing samples on your Sprint is no more complicated than finding a number and calling a friend on your cell phone. Sprint stores hundreds of methods and tens of thousands of sample results.
Many Sprint methods are available for download. Go here to download a method for your Sprint. If your method is not listed, simply call us! Our applications chemists have experience with a variety of sample types.